Saturday, 5 May 2012

Grumpy old man and Chrome

I really want to use Chrome but the lack of a master password really irritates me. It seems that Google think that this would give me a false sense of security. Seems a bit arrogant to me. I may be a delusional fool, but surely that's my prerogative and I don't need Google to feel the need to protect me from myself.

I also don't quite get the argument. I don't have critical passwords stored in the browser, so I'm just looking for reasonable protection against casual access. If I'm writing something in a notepad and I need to nip to the toilet, turning the pad over on my desk is better than pinning the notepad up on my whiteboard.  1% security is better than 0% security but of course not as good as 100% ... it's still better though.


Rant over.  Time to draw something.

No comments:

Post a Comment